Below are the responsibilities of the Urban Improv Associate Director. Please note that given the realities of the coronavirus pandemic, it will be critical that the Associate Director remain flexible with how tasks are performed in order to remain responsive and supportive to our partners and students during this time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
● Strong alignment with the Rehearsal for Life mission, vision, and values.
● Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Proven track record as effective manager of creative youth development program.
● 5+ years of service as a teaching artist in a school /youth organization setting.
● 3+ years experience directing/leading teaching artists.
● 5+ years performing in an ensemble and experience with improv.
● Expertise in applied theatre, social-emotional learning, and creative youth development.
● Proven ability to influence and motivate others, with a keen understanding of how to impact individual and group mindset, knowledge and skills.
● Strong oral and written communication skills with a pedagogical understanding of how to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences through performance.
● Strong time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
● Experience with digital curriculum and virtual instruction preferred but not required.
● Bachelor’s degree; relevant advanced degree preferred (Theatre, Education, Arts Integration).
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include in the subject line: Your Name - Teaching Artist.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled. Thank you very much for your interest in Rehearsal for Life. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing how we can work together to empower Boston youth.