The Department of Theatre Arts at Ferrum College is seeking applications for the tenure-track faculty position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Musical Theatre and Theatre Arts. Start date is negotiable but prior to the start of the 2020-2021 academic year. The positions will primarily teach all levels of theatre and musical theater performance and will also direct, music direct, or choreograph productions for the department. Additional expertise in related areas (particularly, diverse genres and styles as applied to theatre and musical theater) is desirable. Professional experience in children's theatre and technical expertise in stagecraft, sound and lighting, and movement and choreography are preferred. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability and willingness to collaborate with Theater Program faculty in the development of a curriculum that builds on a strong existing foundation and responds effectively to the artistic needs of an ever-changing profession. The department is interested in candidates who's teaching, creative activity, and/or professional experience will contribute to the understanding of diversity and equity, or which addresses questions of interest to historically underrepresented or underserved communities. Willingness to travel for program promotion and recruitment is required.
• Master's Degree preferred, Bachelor's degree with significant current professional experience at the highest level required.
• Demonstrated ability to direct and/or music direct or choreograph professional-quality musicals.
• Demonstrated teaching, creative activity, and/or professional experience that will contribute to the understanding of diversity and equity, or which addresses questions of interest to historically under-represented or underserved communities is strongly desired.
• University-level or professional-level teaching experience preferred.
• Teach all levels of theatre and/or musical theater performance classes as assigned by the Chair and based on expertise.
• Direct, music direct, or choreograph department productions.
• Serve as academic advisor.
• Based on expertise, teach additional topics (e.g. Directing, musical theater history, new works, musical theater writing, dance, acting, period performance).
• Engage in inclusive pedagogy.
• Engage in continued professional creative work and/or research.
• Participate in service and committee work for Department, College of Visual and Performing Arts, and Ferrum College
To apply for this position, submit cover letter, CV, graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts are accepted at time of application), and three references to: email@example.com or mail to Ferrum College, Human Resources, PO Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088. Background check is required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency