FREELANCE WEBSITE DESIGNER AND ENGINEER COMMISSION
AATE is seeking a designer-engineer for a freelance commission to:
1. Design an online platform for I/I
2. Engineer a user-friendly platform that can be easily operated by a volunteer staff
3. Colloborate with the I/I leadership team in transitioning the publication and archived editions to the new online platform.
4. Schedule follow up check-ins to address bugs or glitches
September 2019 - January 2020
AATE would like to begin this project in September or October of 2019, with the
website being operable by late January 2020.
The project will be overseen by AATE board member and I/I editor-in-chief, Alex Ates.
The designer will report directly to Ates. Ates will report directly to AATE’s managing
director and board chairs.
AATE is excited to support new and emerging artists and designers. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
● Strong communication skills: online, phone, email, Google chat
● Experience in creating similar platforms (i.e. online publications)
● Competence in user-friendly/accessible design to various readers (i.e. readers with dyslexia, limited eyesight, limited English skills, etc.)
● Competence in concurrently designing an accessible smartphone version of the website
● An excellent vision for the future of the publication
AATE’s Board of Directors has committed to dedicating funds to this project from the organization’s annual budget. Further, the organization is seeking development funding to support the project. The board is intending for an honorarium agreement between $4,000 and $5,000 USD. Payments will be divided between two fiscal years. The fiscal year ends on Dec. 31.
This position is an independent contractor position with AATE. The individual selected will not receive training, preparation, tools, materials or equipment from AATE. Besides their compensation, the individual will not receive any other benefit from AATE.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
All applications must include:
● A statement of interest
● Three reference contacts from prior clients or teachers
● A resume or CV
● Links to samples of creative and design works
Please note that submitted materials will not be returned.