Full-Time Theater Instructor
Full-Time Theater Instructor
Posting Number: 0000876
PS Position#: 00001059
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Visual & Performing Arts
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach freshmen and sophomore Theater courses.
• Teach students how to apply academic knowledge of theater productions by using facilities as a working laboratory.
• Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets.
• Direct college theatrical productions.
• Make recommendations to the PAAT as needed.
• Assist in recruiting, training, and assignment of students and staff for theatrical shows.
• Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
• Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
• Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
• Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
• Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
• Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
• All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
• Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Recruit for and promote the Theater program.
• Maintain performance spaces, theater shop, costume shop, equipment, and supplies.
• Collaborate with other VPA faculty as required on productions.
• Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
• Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in teaching field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with external visual and performing arts entities to achieve college goals
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
• Must be available during run of production
• Previous experience teaching drama or closely related field at the college and/or high school level.
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 4/22/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1435950
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.